Sunday 15 April 2012

Day 15 –Wet –Tummy

Not a great day really – we left Essoiura at 8.30 am and began the haul up north, past Safi, towards Casablanca, Rabat etc.

The country is clearly more fertile the further you go north, more tractors, combine harvesters and larger fields. People are healthier; cows no longer have their ribs showing. Bananas grow under huge polythene greenhouses. I would have loved to have seen more of this, however twenty minutes into my driving stint, the dreaded Moroccan 'lergy' struck, having to pull off the road, to avoid serious accident, I spent the rest of the day rolling around in bed. I could hear the rain pelting down on the roof cab (I heard later that the rain had turned to six inches of snow on the mountain passes we had been through a few days before).
We stopped just past Tangier in a motorway truck stop – hardly the most atmospheric camping. It wasn't the best- trucks coming in and out all night, car alarms etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment